We are now taking applications for grant requests.
WHO WE ARE:
Manson and Frances Backus created "Lucky Seven" with the hope of giving back and improving the community where they lived and prospered for so many years. Since 1996, the Lucky Seven Foundation has provided grants to nonprofit organizations which have included, but were not limited to, those that benefit health, welfare, education, arts, and the environment. As the next generation, we aim to continue their mission.
WHERE WE GIVE:
Generally, to organizations working in the Puget Sound Basin.
WHAT WE GIVE TO:
Our funding areas are Social Services, Arts, Environment and Education. We also give a small number of emergency and hardship grants.
HOW MUCH WE GIVE:
We invite you to apply for grants of up to $5,000, unless otherwise informed.
HOW TO APPLY:
Click on the “Start” button below to access the online application form.
- Applicants must be a 501(c)(3) public charity
- Applications must be submitted online
- Please note that it is very unlikely that we will make grants to applicant organizations that have applied for, and been declined or applied for, and been granted within three years.
- We request semi-annual reporting on project status (to be submitted electronically) until project is completed
- If you have been invited to apply for over $20,000, a recent balance sheet should be submitted on our form.